0

One month already

Posted by DomHyo on Sunday, May 17, 2009
So I just realized this week that is has been one month since I've been in Korea. Time really flies. It doesn't even feel like I've been here that long. This means I should really enjoy my time here and try not to complain about minor things.

So this past week was pretty good. My Korean lessons with one of my co teachers is going great. I'm learning phrases like how to say "please pass the water" and "nice to meet you". I'm using a children's book...and don't laugh!! Children's books are one of the best ways to learn a language. Think about how you learned English.

On Friday it was Teacher's Day and I will post some pics of that later. The kids had a nice little ceremony for the teachers and then after school was done, the teachers played kickball. It really brought back memories of being younger lol. After the game, the teachers went out to dinner and we had duck. At first when one of the teachers told me what we were going to eat, I thought she said dog, but her pronounciation of duck was just funny haha.

It was my first time eating duck and it was pretty good. It was on the grill along with some other foods I can't pronounce. I also got paid for the first time on Friday woohoo!!

Saturday it rained alllllllllllllllllllllllll day long...and even all day long is an understatement.

I wanted to head up to Yongsan and get a new lens and tripod for my camera. I went Friday after the dinner but by the time I got there, it was closed. I needed to get a new tripod because the one I bought for about 10,000 won was so cheap and it broke this week. Like 4 pieces just fell off.

So this time I headed to Yongsan and bought a better tripod that cost 65,000 won and also bought a new lens and bag. Altogether it cost 250,000 won.

After I bought my new toys, I called up my friend Leonard who was in Itaewon getting a haricut there. I went up to meet him and we walked around there after his haricut for awhile and then met up with some other friends at On the Border Mexican restaurant. One of the people there was actually from Dearborn. So we talked for a bit more and then we both headed our separate ways back home.

Today, I went to the Multicultural Festival in my town. My church was there selling hot dogs. There were raffles, talent shows, and plenty of food to go around. I tried some kind of Vietnamese Noodle Soup with beef which was pretty good. I stayed for about two hours and then left and took a nap. The day started off rainy and cloudy but then the sun came out.

So now I'm sitting here watching Spiderman 3. I finished my lesson planning, and it's time to get ready for the new week. Until next time readers...

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Motown to Seoultown All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.