2

Incheon is my new home

Posted by DomHyo on Friday, December 24, 2010 in , , , , ,
I boarded the plane for my second journey in Korea. As I checked in, went through security and said my last goodbyes to my mother, I couldn't help but feel a bit more sad than last time that I was leaving home again. Yet at the same time I still felt the excitement of living abroad for a second year.

I boarded the plane, got settled in and watched Despicable Me, The Other Guys, Cyrus, and part of Going the Distance before I decided that the movie was trash. After 15 hours, in the air, I landed, went to get my baggage, and met my director.

We talked for a bit, introducing ourselves, talking about our lives, my future workplace etc, and stopped to get a takeout pizza since I was starving.

We arrived at my new digs soon afterwards and I thought the apartment was a bit of an anomaly. Bigger than my last apartment with 2 rooms, a dresser, bathtub, and a bigger closet...yet much older with dirt and grime in the toilet and bathtub along with depressing wallpaper LOL.

Upon further inspection, the bathroom light did not seem to work, and it would be fixed later on in the week. After my director explained some of the things in the apartment, he left and I would see him at work the next day.

Before I decided to crash, I decided to dig into my delicious pizza. I took a bite, and I remembered that Korea still cannot make even a simple pepperoni pizza. Onions and some other sauce that I couldn't identify were prevalent and after taking little bites off multiple slices, I decided I had had enough and put the pizza in the refrigerator.

The next day was my first day of work. Seems like I found a good hagwon (let's talk 3 months from now lol). Dinners are paid for by the school (can order off the myriad of menus on the refrigerator), classes are small, and although I get off work between 830 and 10, I get to sleep in most days. Coworkers are cool (only 2 other foreign teachers and 3 Korean teachers) and the neighborhood is pretty busy.

So let's see what this second experience has in store for me. What will I learn this time? Who knows, but I'm ready to find out.

Today is Christmas and it is a friend's birthday, so we will be headed to TGIFridays in Jamsil followed by ice skating and possibly...the noraebang!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!

2 Comments


Merry Christmas! I hope you're have fun at the noraebang ^^ Stay safe :)

Inga


Thanks again. And we actually didn't even end up going to the noraebang after dinner lol.

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Motown to Seoultown All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.