0

The waiting game

Posted by DomHyo on Saturday, January 17, 2009
So now I play the waiting game. It was snowing like crazy today but I went to the Post office to get my passport sent off and UPS to get copies of my degree notarized. For people interested in teaching, schools ask for your original degree.

People I have talked to say that they always received them upon arriving in South Korea. I opted to send copies which have to be notarized, then apostilled (fancy word for legalize). I didn't want to send my original degree because IT TOOK 5 YEARS TO GET IT lol...and I'm not risking it getting damaged even though you can order a reissue.

So I sent my passport off and at the post office, the lady I was talking with said that her friend had a daughter that was teaching over there as well and said she loves it. So that was comforting.

Usually the passport takes 4-6 weeks but they said they've been coming back in 3 weeks so I'm praying that it does. I've also got to get a background check on Tuesday.

So once my passport comes in, I can go ahead with the process of getting my E2 Visa and choosing a school and also get a definite date for leaving. If my passport takes longer to come in, I'll be leaving probably early to mid March. If faster, I could be gone by late February (hey my bday is the 27th of Feb..I'm gettin old)

Also, what is up with the Pistons? They've lost 5 straight...anyways I'm out :)

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Motown to Seoultown All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.