0

Roadtrip!!

Posted by DomHyo on Thursday, April 02, 2009
So I received my visa number yesterday and I'm headed to Chicago tomorrow morning to head to the Korean Consulate to bring them all the paperwork they need. The interview is at 10:30 A.M, and from what I hear it's more of a formality than anything. It should take no longer than 15 minutes and then they will process my visa info (about 2-3 days), send me my passport and then I'm off to Korea!!!

I talked to my recruiter and gave her the date of the 15th as a date to leave so they are working on arranging the flight and getting my itinerary.

I tell though, if you plan on teaching in Korea, make sure you are sure about going because you will have to spend a couple hundred bucks getting everything done. Apostilles, background checks, sending documents overseas, etc, it adds up. Luckily I saved quite a bit of money from my last job say I'm thankful for that.

I've also got to get a couple other things done as well. I'll be headed to West Virginia next week to see the rest of my family (grandma, aunt, cousins). My grandma is 80 with a few health problems so I want to make sure I see her.

Tomorrow while I'm in Chitown, I'm gonna do a little sightseeing after the interview and try to find a theater so I can see Fast and Furious. So yeah I guess the countdown REALLY begins now.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Motown to Seoultown All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.