2

The Weekend and 2nd week

Posted by DomHyo on Tuesday, April 21, 2009
So today was my first day with a class all by myself. There was a co teacher still in the room, but the class was in my hands. Since it was my first day, one of the other co teachers thought it would be a good idea to do a powerpoint about myself, where I'm from, etc. This was a good idea, only I wish I'd made the plan longer. Classes are 45 minutes and I got to 30 minutes with 15 left and the coteacher had to bail me out and we came up with something for them to do for the last 15 minutes.

Basically I did the presentation, and had them answer questions about it. I wanted to get them to use complete sentences and they did. I also gave prizes (American quarters...you'd be surprised at how excited they were to receive american money) and then me and the coteacher came up with the idea of having them do dialouges of them introducing their parents or other friends to me. So day 1...lesson learned.

I also sat in on two of the student teacher's classes as they are preparing to get their certification.

I'm also trying to figure out why my Korean students keep saying I look like Will Smith!! I'm not mad by no means but I don't see it lol.

The weekend was pretty fun. Saturday I met up with a few people who live in my city and we headed to Yongsan which is close to Seoul and is basically the place anyone needs to go if they want electronics. I mean just floors and floors of computers, ipods, cameras, etc. I was able to get a tripod for my camera for 15,000 won (about $10) Afterwards we headed to On the Border a mexican food place which was delicious. Afterwards I headed to a game night that this church was having where we played some uno and Guesstures. Pretty fun time.

Sunday, I went to that church and afterwards a few of us headed to the Tulip Festival in our town. I have pics below. The pics with the gate and the waterfall running through it is part of Suwon Wall which I plan to walk sometime in the future (it takes around 4 hours to do so)

So all in all one week in, I am enjoying it. I'm still getting adjusted and still looking to meet more people I click with and I'm sure that will come with time. I think I'm gonna have to make a calendar because I just randomly signed up to go to a lot of events and whatnot. Tomorrow I'm headed to register for Korean classes in Seoul. The classes are once a week on either Monday, Wednesday, or Friday.

Oh yeah... the name of this blog has Seoul in it even though I am in a city called Suwon that is about 40 minutes away from Seoul. I would change it, but I don't want to...simple. Enjoy the pics...
























2 Comments


The tulips are so pretty. Man, that hallway was so uncrowded! My school in the states is packed! We can hardly get through the halls. I have to go outside and around the school when we change classes. That was a good lesson for the first day. You have a good co-teacher.


yeah the tulips were nice and I can imagine the hallways at your school if they're anything like I remember back when I was in school.

And yes my co teacher bailed me out! LOL

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Motown to Seoultown All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.